Cardiovascular system and artificial replacements
Research on tissues and body structures and biomaterials
Constitutive modeling of blood vessels
Internal pressure-circumferential stretch relationship observed within inflation and extension of venous aorto-coronary bypass
Predictions of internal pressure within sample inflation based on found constitutive models for CABG tissue
Blood vessel walls exhibit complicated mechanical response to external loading; both material and geometrical nonlinearity, inelasticity and anisotropy are observed. Such complex behavior originates in internal structure and its arrangement (cellular and non-cellular components, layered character, fibrous arrangement, inter-component bonding). Efficient constitutive model which can capture not only observed phenomena but structural fundament as well is still in question.
Successful mathematical modeling involves experimental data describing material response. Tensile tests, inflation-extension tests and pressure-pulse tests are carried out in the laboratory.
Representative simulation of the inflation-extension response of male 38 years of age male abdominal aorta.Prof. Ing. Rudolf Žitný, CSc. ; Hynek Chlup ; Ing. Lukáš Horný Ph.D. ; Jakub Kronek MSc. ; Eva Gultová MSc. ; Jan Veselý MSc.
- L. Horny, T. Adamek, R. Zitny (2013) Age-related changes in longitudinal prestress in human abdominal aorta. Archives of Applied Mechanics, in press. doi: 10.1007/s00419-012-0723-4
- L. Horny, E. Gultova, H. Chlup, R. Sedlacek, J. Kronek, J. Vesely and R. Zitny (2010) Mullins effect in human aorta described with limiting extensibility evolution. IFMBE Proceedings, vol. 29, p. 768-771
- L. Horny, J. Kronek, H. Chlup, R. Zitny and M. Hulan (2010) A distribution of collagen fiber orientations in aortic histological section. IFMBE Proceedings, vol. 29, p. 772-775
- L. Horny, H. Chlup, R. Zitny, S. Konvickova and Tomas Adamek (2009) Constitutive Behavior of Coronary Artery Bypass Graft. IFMBE Proceedings, vol. 25/4, p. 181-184
- L. Horny, M. Hulan, R. Zitny, H. Chlup, S. Konvickova and T. Adamek (2009) Computer-Aided Analysis of Arterial Wall Architecture. IFMBE Proceedings, vol. 25/4, p. 1494-1497
- L. Horny, R. Zitny and H. Chlup (2008) Strain energy function for arterial walls based on limiting fiber extensibility. IFMBE Proceedings, vol. 22, p. 1910-1913
- L. Horny, R. Zitny, H. Chlup and H. Mackova (2006) Identification material parameters of an aortic wall. Bulletin Appl Mechan 2:173–182
- J. Valenta, K. Vitek, R. Cihak, S. Konvickova, M. Sochor and L. Horny (2002) Age related constitutive laws and stress distribution in human main coronary arteries with reference to residual strain. Bio-Med. Mater Eng., vol. 12, no. 2, p. 121-134