Laboratory of Applied ComputingZdeněk Horák, Ph.D.
The Laboratory of Applied Computations (LAC) works within the Laboratory of Biomechanics, which is a part of CTU in Prague, Faculty of Engineering. The laboratory is equipped with first-rate hardware and software so that it is possible to perform difficult computational analyses using he Finite Element Method FEM (Abaqus, Ansys). We perform static, dynamic, or thermal computations for constructions or individual components. In terms of these computations we are able to determine deformations, rate of tension, evaluate critical places, etc. In our laboratory, we also perform motion simulations and analyses (SIM) where we detect the kinematic quantities and force impact of the working part of locomotive system and its replacements.
Furthermore, there are available modern methods of designing machine parts and equipment using CAD technologies (Unigraphics, ProEngineer). The laboratory staff work together with engineering, biomedicine, automotive and aviation industries. In cooperation with external companies working in medical and biomedical industries, but also directly with doctors, we develop medical devices, gauging equipment, orthopedic devices, and especially implants and joint prostheses. The results of simulation analyses are also successfully used for sports and therapeutic applications.
ABAQUS 69, ANSYS 11., TrueGrid®, SIM, Unigraphics, AutoCAD, AMIRA, Mimics 12.2, Intel Fortran Compilator 11.1, IMSL Fortran Numerical Library 6.0
2x server server HP ProLiant DL785 G5; 8 processors AMD Opteron 8378; 64 GB RAM; 1 TB server resources
2x 64-bit server Opteron; 4 processors AMD 848; 16GB RAM
Medin, a.s.; Medin Orthopaedics, a.s.; Beznoska, s.r.o.; ELLA-CS, s.r.o.; Saint-Gobain Advanced Ceramics; LASAK, s.r.o.; ProSpon, spol. s.r.o.; Erilens, s.r.o.; HVM Plasma,spol. s.r.o.; DUO CZ, s.r.o.; LETOV Letecká výroba, s.r.o.; Videris, s.r.o.
Projects in realisation
- Research of technical and biological composite materials
- Analysis of the loading influence TM joint on the other side owing to the implantation of total joint replacement
- Numerical Analyses and Experimental Testing of Dental Implants
- Simulation of cyclic loading of total knee replacement where an evaluation of cyclic stress state in tibial plateau is ephasized
- Endurance Test of Stemmed Femoral Component of Total Hip Replacement
- Structural computational and experimental analysis of spinal fixators
- Development and Structural Analysis of a Vertebral Body Replacement
- Optical 3D coordinate measuring machine
- Indentor instrument for cartilage stiffness measurement
- Design and innovation of knee joint orthoses
- Inovation of French Crutches
- Mathematical model of a lower extremity focused on a knee joint
- Finite element analysis of an extensible femur prosthesis
- Mathematical model of a lower limb featuring an oncology hinge type knee endoprosthesis
- Long Bone Reconstruction and Periprosthetic Fractures Using the Osteosynthesis Materials and the Operation Procedures - Trauma I
- An Experimental Assessment of Human Lumbar Vertebras Mobility
- The characteristic of lumbocrural prothesis in cycling
- Movement Analysis of Human Body During Hippotherapy
- Experimental measurement of the lumbar spine kinematics
- Development of artificial disc replacement
- High Performance Radiolucent Composite Materials Providing High Resistance against Sterilization Decomposition, for use in Medicine
- Porous Composite Materiáls with Polyamide Reinforcement and Siloxane Matrix with Nano-Hydroxyapatite as Biomaterials
- FEM biomechanical analysis of the lower cervical spine (C4-C6)
- Influence of mechanical loading on the onset and development of hip joint osteoarthritis